Gregg A. Ferrero, M.D.
Education & Training
- College: Washington & Jefferson, BS Biology, Magna Cum Laude
- Medical School: Georgetown University Medical School, Cum Laude
- Surgery Internship: Georgetown University Medical Center
- Orthopedic Residency: Georgetown University Medical Center
- Service: United States Air Force, Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage, Alaska
Dr. Ferrero grew up in Elizabeth, PA, a Steel Mill town just south of Pittsburgh. His dad, a retired hairdresser, and mom, a retired secretary, still live in Elizabeth. His older brother, who is a Metallurgical Engineer, also lives in the Pittsburgh area. Dr. Ferrero now lives in La Plata with his wife and three children.
- Total Joint Replacement (Hip, Knee and Shoulder)
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Injuries
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- General Orthopedics
Dr. Ferrero spent his first 4 years of orthopedic practice as a Major in the United States Air Force. After leaving the Air Force, he went into private practice in Charlotte North Carolina. In 2003 Dr. Ferrero and his family relocated to La Plata, his wife’s home town. Dr. Ferrero’s father in law, Dr. Henry Burke, retired in 2005. Dr. Ferrero opened his own practice in Dr. Burke’s old office in La Plata on January 1, 2006. The practice quickly outgrew Dr. Burke’s old office and he moved into a new office building on Washington Avenue in La Plata on January 26, 2009. Dr. Ferrero is pleased to be able to provide service to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs, local schools and the community.